This policy indicates the ways in which personal data will be handled on this website. It is essential that you read and accept it before you continue browsing.
https://stgeorgeinternational.es/ is the website where you will find information on the “St. George School” group. The corporate name of the company that owns the school in Barcelona (Carrer de l’Esperança, 13, 08017 Barcelona) is “British & International School XXII Ltd.” and its CIF is B-87146973.
We value transparency, and for that reason, we want you to know from the outset that the protection of your data is very important to us. This policy explains which personal information we collect from our users and how we use the data. We invite you to read these terms and conditions carefully before providing your personal data on this website.
In the case of children under the age of thirteen, consent from parents or guardians is required in order to process personal data.
Under no circumstances will the minor be asked for information regarding the professional, financial or personal situation of other family members without the prior consent of said family members.
If you are under thirteen years of age and have accessed this website without notifying your parents, you must not register as a user.
This website respects and protects the personal data of users. As a user, you should know that your rights are guaranteed.
We have striven to create a safe and secure space, which is why we want to share our norms regarding your privacy:
- We never ask for personal information unless it is absolutely necessary to provide the services you require.
- We never share personal information about our users with anyone, except to comply with the law or if we have your express authorisation.
- We will never use your personal data for a purpose other than that expressed in this policy.
Please note that this policy may vary depending on legislative or self-regulatory requirements, so you are advised to review it periodically. The policy will be applicable to all users that decide to fill out any form collecting personal data.
St. George School has created this website to meet the requirements of Constitutional Law 15/1999, of 13th December, on the Protection of Personal Data (LOPD – Ley Orgánica de Protección de Datos de Carácter Personal) and Royal Decree 1720/2007, of 21st December, on the Regulation for Development of the LOPD. It also complies with EU Directive 2016/679, of 27th April 2016, on the Protection of Individuals with regard to the Processing of Personal Data, as well as the Information Society Services and E-Commerce Act 34/2002, of 11th July.
Organisation responsible for the processing of your personal data
- Identity: British International School XXII, Ltd.
- Commercial Name: St. George School
- NIF/CIF: B-87146973
- Address: Carrer de l’Esperança, 13, 08017 Barcelona
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activity: British schools and educational services
- Registered in the Barcelona Mercantile Register, in Volume 32.976, Book 31 and Section M-593548
According to the regulations of the aforementioned Data Protection Act, any personal data that you share with us via the forms on our website will be processed as “web user” data.
We implement all of the technical and organisational security measures established in the current legislation for processing our users’ data.
Norms that we will apply regarding your personal details
When processing your personal details, we will apply the following norms that comply with the requirements of the EU Data Protection Act:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency: we will always request your consent for processing your personal data, whether that’s for a single or for various specific purposes (which we will inform you of in advance with absolute transparency).
- Data minimisation: we will only request data that is strictly necessary in relation to the purposes for which we require it.
- Limitation of storage period: the data will be kept for no longer than necessary for processing purposes. Depending on the purpose, we will inform you of the corresponding storage period. In the case of subscriptions, we will periodically review our lists and eliminate any records that have been inactive for a considerable amount of time.
- Integrity and confidentiality: your data will be processed in such a way as to ensure adequate security and confidentiality of personal information. Please note that we take all the necessary precautions to prevent unauthorised access or improper use of your data by third parties.
How did we obtain your data?
The personal data that we use at St. George School comes from:
- Contact and information request forms
- Service request forms
What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
Anyone has the right to obtain confirmation on whether we at St. George School are processing personal data related to them.
Individuals concerned have the right to:
- Request access to such personal data
- Request that the data be corrected or deleted
- Request that the data processing be restricted
- Object to the processing of such data
- Request that the data be transferred
Individuals concerned have the right to access their personal data, as well as to request the correction of inaccurate data, or where appropriate, to request its deletion when, for among other reasons, the data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. In certain circumstances, those concerned may request to restrict the processing of their data, in which case we will only keep it for fiscal or for claims purposes.
Under certain circumstances, and for reasons related to their particular situation, individuals concerned may object to the processing of their data. British International School XXII, Ltd. will then cease to process said data, except on valid and compelling grounds, or for fiscal or claims purposes.
As a user, you have the right to receive any personal data that concerns you and that was provided in a structured, machine-readable format for shared use, in order to hand it over to another organisation for processing if and when:
- The processing is based on consent
- The data has been provided by the individual concerned
- The processing is carried out by automated means
When exercising their right to transfer data in accordance with the previous section, individuals concerned will also have the right to request that the personal data be transferred directly from one organisation to another when technically possible.
Individuals concerned will also have the right to effective legal protection and to submit a claim to the supervisory authority, in this case the Spanish Agency for Data Protection, if they consider that the processing of their personal data violates the Data Protection Act.
For what purpose do we process your personal data?
When a user contacts us through the website, for example, to request information related to the school, he/she is providing personal information which St. George School is then responsible for.
This information may include personal data, such as your IP address, name, home address, email address, telephone number or other details. By providing this information, the user gives his/her consent for this information to be collected, used, managed and stored by St. George School, as described in our legal disclaimer and in this policy.
At St. George School we collect personal data in the following ways:
- Information Request Form: we request the following personal details: name, surname, email and telephone, in order to respond to the needs of https://stgeorgeinternational.es/ web users. For example, we use this data to respond to your request or to any enquiries, complaints, comments or concerns you may have regarding the information included on the website, the different services provided by St. George School, the pupil enrolment procedure, along with any other questions you may have.
There are also other purposes for which we process your personal data:
- To ensure compliance with the website terms and conditions of use and with the applicable law. This may include the development of tools and algorithms that help this website guarantee full confidentiality of all personal data collected.
- To support and improve the services offered by this website.
- We also collect other non-identifying data obtained through cookies, which are downloaded to the user’s computer when they access this website.
- To manage social media
St. George School is present on social media. Processing of data belonging to individuals who become followers of St. George School official social media sites, will be governed by this section, along with the website terms and conditions of use, privacy policies and access regulations that correspond to the relevant social media site in each case (which were previously accepted by the user).
British International School XXII, Ltd. will process your data for the purpose of properly managing its presence on social media and in order to share information on St. George School activities, products and services, or for any other purpose that the relevant social media website regulations allow. In no case will we use follower profiles on social media to send advertising individually.
In accordance with the provisions of EU Data Protection Act 2016/679, British International School XXII, Ltd. (St. George School), of Carrer de l’Esperança, 13, 08017 Barcelona, will be responsible for processing the data corresponding to website users and subscribers.
St. George School does not sell, rent or transfer personal data that can identify the user, nor will it do so in the future, to third parties without prior consent. However, in some cases, collaboration may be carried out with other professionals or companies. In these cases, user consent will be required, and information will be provided on collaborator identity and the purpose of the collaboration. It will always be done with the strictest security standards.
Legal grounds for processing your data
The legal basis for processing your data is: consent.
To contact us via this website, we require your consent through our Data Protection Policy.
Promotional or commercial offers for products or services are based on requested prior consent.
The data categories that are processed are those related to identification.
Sensitive data is not processed.
How long will we store your data for?
Personal data provided will be stored:
- For as long as the commercial relationship lasts
- Until the individual concerned requests the deletion of their data
- Up to 1 year after the most recent confirmation of interest by the individual concerned.
By browsing https://stgeorgeinternational.es/, non-identifying data may be collected, which can include IP addresses, geographic location (proximity), a record of how services and sites are used, along with other data that cannot be used to identify the user. Among the non-identifying data, will be information related to your browsing habits obtained via third-party services.
We use this information to analyse trends, to manage the site and track browsing habits, and to gather demographic information on our user base as a whole.
Data protection and security
When collecting and processing users’ personal data https://stgeorgeinternational.es/ is committed to respecting confidentiality and using data according to the purposes for which it was collected, as well as complying with its obligation to protect data by adopting all necessary measures to avoid alteration, loss, unauthorised processing or unauthorised access, pursuant to current data protection regulations.
This website holds an SSL certificate. This certificate is a security protocol that ensures that data travels in full, and securely (i.e. – the transmission of data between a server and a web user, and vice-versa, is fully encoded or encrypted).
https://stgeorgeinternational.es/ cannot guarantee the absolute security of the internet network; and, therefore, cannot guarantee that third parties will not fraudulently access or violate data protection regulations.
Regarding the confidentiality of data processing, British International School XXII, Ltd. will ensure that anyone authorised by St. George School will process user data (including staff, collaborators and providers) under the appropriate confidentiality clause (either by contractual or legal obligation).
If British International School XXII, Ltd. becomes aware of any security breach, it must notify the user and provide timely and accurate information related to the incident as soon as possible, or when the user reasonably requests it.
Accuracy and authenticity of data provided
As the user, you are solely responsible for the accuracy and authenticity of the data you provide to https://stgeorgeinternational.es/, waiving British International School XXII, Ltd. (St. George School), of any responsibility in this regard.
Users guarantee, and are responsible for at all times, the accuracy, validity and authenticity of any personal data provided and must strive to keep said data duly updated. Users agree to provide valid and accurate information on contact or subscription forms.
Approval and consent
The consent given, both for processing and transferring data, is reversible at any moment (as stated in the terms and conditions established in this policy) for individuals wishing to exercise their rights, by contacting British International School XXII, Ltd. (St. George School). Under no circumstances will this revocation be retroactive.
Changes to the Data Protection Policy
British International School XXII, Ltd. reserves the right to update this policy in line with new legal and legislative norms, as well as with industry standards. In these cases, British International School XXII, Ltd. will announce any changes implemented, with reasonable prior notice, via this website.
In accordance with the Information Society Services and E-Commerce Act 34/2002, https://stgeorgeinternational.es/ does not engage in SPAM practices, nor does it send commercial emails that have not been previously requested or authorised by the user.
From St. George School, we’d like to thank you for taking the time to read this Data Protection Policy.